KA220-YOU – Cooperation partnerships in youth
Project title: Wealthy Minds
Project No 2021-2-PL01-KA220-YOU-000048574
Project duration: 31.05.2022-30.05.2024
Project Leader – Innovation and Knowledge Foundation (Poland)
- CESIE (Italy)
- KENTRO MERIMNAS OIKOGENEIAS KAI PAIDIOU (Greece)
- POLSKA RADA ORGANIZACJI MLODZIEZOWYCH (Poland)
The project will increase knowledge, awareness and change attitudes related to personal finance management among girls and young women suffering of social exclusion due to the inheritance of poverty or its possibility. This change will be initiated by developing the educational kit “Wealthy Minds” with e-learning course aiming at helping non-governmental organizations working with this target group.
The concrete objectives of the project are as follows:
- NONGOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS:
- increasing the potential, quality and comprehensiveness of services they provide,
- increasing knowledge, awareness and changing attitudes among NGO beneficiaries,
- increasing and developing skills of youth workers and leaders, especially in the field of support for marginalized girls and young women,
- being a part of social change,
- developing educational and professional path of youth workers and leaders.
- GIRLS AND YOUNG WOMEN AT RISK:
- increasing knowledge and awareness of personal finance management as well as changing attitudes and habits,
- taking the initiative of getting out of poverty or not leading to such a situation,
- change of perspective and thinking about themselves,
- getting the chance to change their lives.
Implementation/Main Project activities
The project results of “Wealthy Minds” developed in the four phases will increase knowledge, awareness and change attitudes related to personal finance management among girls and young women at risk of social exclusion due to the inheritance of poverty. This change will be initiated by developing the educational kit “Wealthy Minds” and testing training aiming at helping non-governmental organizations working with girls and young women.
Project will be implemented in four phases:
- RESEARCH PHASE. During the first phase, the project partners will prepare a “State Of Art Report” (Result 1) – research of the situation of girls and young women at risk of marginalization in the European Union countries (countries of the project partners).
- CREATION PHASE. During the second phase, the project partners will develop the “Wealthy Minds” (Result 2) educational kit in the field of financial education intended for use by non-governmental organizations for the benefit of girls and young women and youth workers working with them.
- TESTING PHASE. During the third phase, the project partners will organize the pilot training “Wealthy Minds” that will aim to check the content of the educational kit.
- DISSEMINATION PHASE. In the fourth final phase of the project, the project partners will organize the International Conference “Wealthy Minds”, which will be an event hosted in Poland.
The project consortium intends to achieve the following results:
- Conducting research (Result 1) of the situation of girls young women and at risk of marginalization in the European Union countries. The purpose of preparing such a report is primarily to clearly identify the situation of the target group at risk of inheriting poverty. The partners plan to study on the basis of their countries where this phenomenon is visible. The issues to be explored include causes, patterns, experiences, and case studies. In addition, these data will include an analysis of initiatives, projects and programs that are undertaken in the European Union for such girls and young women. There will also be included a list of NGOs in the EU that are successfully dealing with these topics.
- Developing of the “Wealthy Minds” (Result 2) educational kit in the field of financial education intended for use by non-governmental organizations for the benefit of young people. “Wealthy Minds” will be a textbook together with an e-learning course that, in a modern and comprehensive form, can be used by any non-governmental organization and at any time, without the need for additional financial costs. Thanks to disseminating knowledge in finance and introducing them to the permanent offer of the organization, girls and young women will gain knowledge and develop appropriate habits when making life choices. The decisions made by this group will be more rational and will prevent further inheritance of poverty.
- Running the pilot training “Wealthy Minds” that will aim to check the content of the educational kit “Wealthy Minds” aimed at helping non-governmental organizations working with the target group while educating non-governmental organizations, about their possibilities, thus increasing their potential.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.